Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Friday 28 September 2012

Banana, Peanut Butter and Honey Rye Cakes

I'm not sure how my family discovered this flavour combination, but all three of us LOVE it. We can't get enough. On toast, in wraps, with pancakes, I could go on! Having recently cut out processed sugar from my diet, I still feel the need to tame my sweet tooth every now and then.




Generally this batter will make either 16 muffins, 12 muffin and a mini loaf, or you could always put all of the batter in a large loaf tin.

Ingredients

  • 1/2 cup organic rice bran oil
  • 3/4 cup raw honey
  • 2 organic free range eggs, lightly whisked
  • 1 cup of overripe bananas, mashed
  • 3/4 cup organic raw peanut butter (the good stuff)
  • 2 cups organic rye flour
  • 1 tsp sea salt
  • 1 tsp baking soda
  • 1 tsp ground cinnamon


Preheat oven to 180c.

Using a medium bowl, mix the first five ingredients together using a spoon.
In a larger bowl, combine the last four ingredients.
Now combine your wet ingredients into your dry ingredients, mix until both are JUST incorporated.

Spoon into patty pans or a greased loaf tin. Bake for 15-20 minutes. I check the cakes at around the 15 minutes mark with a skewer, if they're not done, I'll check every 2 mins after that. If you're using a large loaf tin, I'd say the cooking time will be closer to 40 minutes.
Because these use honey instead of sugar, they tend to burn easily.


The good thing about these muffins, is you can serve them for breakfast the next morning... guilt free!



Enjoy!

MamaKoo

No comments:

Post a Comment